22 junio 2010

Arquitectura "pre-civilizada"

En el canal de vimeo del Victoria & Albert museum encontramos una breve entrevista al arquitecto Terunobu Fujimori: Terunobu enfrenta el mundo natural con la cultura civilizada en sus pequeñas construcciones.

Terunobu Fujimori, Tokyo, Japan - Beetle’s House from Victoria and Albert Museum on Vimeo.

Terunobu Fujimori, a professor at the Institute of Industrial Science at the University of Tokyo and a historian of modern Japanese architecture, began designing buildings in 1991.


Transcript:
Terunobu Fujimori (sub-titled translation): The recurring theme which I play with in my work is the relationship with the natural world and what human beings have created. I go about this by using natural materials, such as trees and soil in the building of my homes and also by using plants within the buildings.

The focus of my work relates back to architecture before civilisation. How people originally lived, in their natural environment, which is a key subject of my architectural works. I’ve visited Stonehenge many times and other Neolithic sites, walking around and looking at them.

Abraham Thomas: … so this is where the structure will be, pretty much where that bench is. Very close to the Morlaix Staircase.

Terunobu Fujimori (sub-titled translation): I want to create a space that we can enjoy away from our everyday lives, a space with a small fire where people can enjoy tea.

There are seven architects taking part in this project, I know just one of them, the Japanese architect Fujimoto. I know Fujimoto very well. I’m really looking forward to seeing the works by the other five.


No hay comentarios: